Subject: [Leica] Re:Not Gouging
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun Dec 24 10:31:15 2006

I kind of understand a single FL lens for $100, but a complex zoom is a lot
tougher to make for the price...

If you assume the factory cost is 1/5 the retail selling price, then the
Sony lens costs $84/5 or about $17.  It is pretty amazing
for that price.

Now the optical performance may not be there( and probably would not be at
that price) but it still is taking lots of pictures of
little Peggy Sue at her first Christmas / Hanukah / etc.....  And that is
the point.... they are selling them.

Is this Sony part of the 4/3 deal or is it another lens standard?

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net