Subject: [Leica] Merry Christmas &c.
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Mon Dec 25 13:03:26 2006

. . .  or insert your traditional winter solstice observance here. . .

To all my friends on the LUG, may you experience all the peace, love and
joy of the season, and may it carry over to the rest of the year for us,
and for all humankind.  And may Santa send you good light to photograph with.

I just spent Christmas eve with a group of good friends, mostly a bunch of
Russian-born Jews.  The only non-Jewish member of the bunch was a
professional classical pianist who, by popular request, played all sorts of
Christmas music.  She (the pianist) and I were the only ones who knew the
words, so she played, I sang, and everybody else either hummed along or
beat on Latin American rhythm instruments.  (Oh, yeah, my mother-in-law
knows "Silent Night," but only in German).  And of course, as in all
Russian celebrations, there was *far* too much food, it was all far too
good, and I ate far too much.  Yes, there was plenty of wine, too!  Sorry,
no photos forthcoming--sometimes you just want to "be" rather than
photograph!   :-)

--Peter