Subject: [Leica] M8 Macintosh question
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Tue Dec 26 12:38:11 2006

I have not yet succeeded in using the USB connection to get images out of my
M8. (I've been pulling the SD card and connecting it directly).

Is there anybody out there who (a) uses a Mac, (b) has an M8, and (c) has
succeeded in USB transfer? I'm trying to decide whether I have a defective
camera or if this is just an exotic software problem.

When I plug in the USB cable it gets as far as launching Bridge, but it
doesn't show up as a mounted device and Bridge can't see it. Ditto for the
copy of Capture One LE that shipped with the camera. Capture One says there
is no camera connected.

Is there a Mac OS update that I need to go get? I can't find any reference
to it in the Apple support site or in Version Tracker.

Brian Reid

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] M8 Macintosh question)
Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] M8 Macintosh question)
Reply from lists at gilplant.com (J. Gilbert Plantinga) ([Leica] M8 Macintosh question)