Subject: [Leica] Best flash for M8?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Dec 27 07:14:04 2006

Guys I have a few words of advice hammered on me by number 1 son when he
first attempted to teach me to use a computer... now that was a challenge to
say the least! :-( he's hardly ever re-covered! :-( :-(

Finally one day in complete frustration he said..." Knock off how does it do
it?? It doesn't matter, just turn it on and do what you want and never mind
why and how it does it."

Similarly so this "flash stuff" is hardly relevant  to the back and forth
discourse-discord...developing.

Can't some of these things be just KISSimple? Put a flash on the camera,
trip the shutter and it works! How and why it does it in the big scheme of a
successful exposure isn't worth the time spent fighting over it. Regardless
of whom said what or didn't say!

For heaven sakes folks lets get back to "taking pictures-talking about them"
and the fine results many folks achieve without having a clue why the camera
does what it does! Besides who really really cares!!!!!!!

After all isn't it the final photo moment the most important aspect of what
we do?

And not what the hell goes on inside the camera? Sure some of you get off on
this stuff, but the majority, even though sometimes it's interesting to
learn some very interesting stuff, it's hardly worth getting into a
babblefest over the techie stuff that changes faster than a hooker's pants
on a Saturday night!

Let's start off the New Year with a little less babble techie stuff and more
about our pictures.  Helping each other to become better photographers than
completely confused tech folks.

Thank you gentlemen and gentle women.

the grouch that escaped Christmas,
ted