Subject: [Leica] IMG: First Gallery M8 B & W
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Dec 27 08:05:21 2006

Hugh Thompson showed:

> This will be my first gallery.  The first two photos are of a Boxing  Day
> visit to the Nursing Home to open gifts with my former wife and  mother of
> my children.  It was a joyous time, and she was quite lucid  during the
> visit.
>
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Hugh+Thompson/L1000191.jpg.html
>
> I am still struggling with getting the best out of the camera and lens.<<<

Hi Hugh,
Well mon ami I wouldn't worry too much about the "struggle factor" as long
as you're getting photos like this selection!

The M8 isn't any different than any other M camera, well OK not any
different than an M7 in hand and using. Just set it on "A" for auto as I
call it and re-act to the moments that turn you on!  It still comes down to
your ability to see the right moments, obviously you're doing that very
well.

I particularly like your use of the light,  "shooting from the shadow side"
as in photo #3 "talking on phone." Well done in both light use and
expression!

Just keep doing your own thing in enjoyment and it's obvious you wont go
wrong. I particularly like the M8 with B&W but then 99.999999999% of my
photography has always been B&W with M cameras whatever model and people
subjects.

ted

Replies: Reply from hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson) ([Leica] IMG: First Gallery M8 B & W)