Subject: [Leica] IMG: First Gallery M8 B & W
From: hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson)
Date: Wed Dec 27 17:25:18 2006

George - yes, I did have an M2, and an M4 with a 50 Summicron, so I
do have some experience.  But I was never satisfied with the result
from a regular commercial printer (at that time I only shot in color).

I usually only had one camera and sold each to assist in purchasing
the next, so when I went digital I sold the M4 etc.  However that is
not the end of the story, because I like the challenge and rewards of
the rangefinder - autofocus is boring, I find - perhaps that's why I
drive a manual shift car!

I do have an Olympus E-1 for color and some shooting situations, but
find it slow.  The M8 is so immediate, see it, shoot it ...........
however, I have to keep remembering focus, and that's where the next
months, and years, of refinement will come in .....

The M8 performs as I remember my other rangefinders did, but , image
review ....... so wonderful to have.

Thank you for your interest George.  I look forward to seeing your
stuff.

Hugh

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] IMG: First Gallery M8 B & W)
Message from hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson) ([Leica] IMG: First Gallery M8 B & W)