Subject: [Leica] Best flash for M8?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu Dec 28 19:45:49 2006

You left out the comment about cost.....  Whether C, N or L do it, you need
to be a leader in this field, and having an expensive
component like a fully operational, high accuracy shutter, is a waste of $$$
when it is not needed.

Lucien, you may be right that the timing of exposures is done with the
mechanical shutter, but I am not convinced.  I do have an
open mind, and will take input.

I did also check out the Nikon D2Xs camera, and noticed similar wording to
the M8.  But Nikon as well did not comment on how the
timing is done.

I do not have a digital camera.  I can not check this out.  But if someone
is willing to simply try out his digital brand L, C, or N
camera and state that the mechanical shutter seems to increase in speed with
increasing set of shutter speed, it will go a long way.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net