Subject: [Leica] Interesting IR Effect
From: neal at nairobisafari.com (Neal Friedenthal)
Date: Thu Dec 28 21:16:37 2006

I took this shot of our Christmas tree under ambient room light along with
the tree lights.  Because the tree is a real tree it is highly reflective of
IR light and apparently the tree lights give off a fairly high
amount of IR. Also as the tree lights blink the pattern of light from them
is constantly changing which may explain the lack of distinct detail in the
tree itself, the ornaments, on the other hand, are
reflecting the ambient constant room lights which are florescent and give
off very little IR and they are sharp.  The ornaments appear to be floating
on a purple haze.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/NealF/Random/L1021784a.jpg.html

Replies: Reply from hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter) ([Leica] Interesting IR Effect)
Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Interesting IR Effect)