Subject: [Leica] Interesting IR Effect
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Fri Dec 29 17:05:31 2006

The dispersion characteristics of most camera optics, which are
optimized for achromaticity across the visible spectrum only, cause
IR to focus differently from visible light. (Cf. the fact that many
lenses have a separate focusing index for use with IR film.)
Blinking of lights per se would not cause their images to be blurred.
I submit that in your most interesting image, the indistinctness of
the parts of the image with high IR content is due simply to their
not having been in focus, as the lens was focused for visible light.

--howard