Subject: [Leica] Happy New Year, New Postings
From: ISILVERMN at aol.com (ISILVERMN@aol.com)
Date: Sun Dec 31 12:48:25 2006

Here?s wishing all members of the LUG a Happy, Healthy and Safe New  Year.

During 2007, may your focus be sharp, your exposures on, your portraits
from
the shadow side, and may your shutter button be ever unstuck.

My thanks to the many contributors to the LUG who have become friends and
mentors, sharing their experience and enabling us to become better
photographers.

Special thanks to Brian, for providing the opportunity to contribute and
for
keeping the inmates under control ;-).

And thanks to Jim Shulman, for the 2006 LUG Yearbook.

I've added some additional pictures to my gallery of the 2006 Newport Beach
Concours.  The featured marque this year was Mercedes Benz, but the car
that
undoubtedly stole the show was a factory-built 1947 Rolls-Royce Special
Roadster ? powered by a 27 litre RR Merlin Engine (ex-Spitfire).  The
sound,
however muffled, was deafening.  It?s not much of a highway cruiser,  its
range
being limited to the order of 20 miles per tankful.  It can be  seen here:

_http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Ira+Silverman/CDE2006/RR+Special.jpg.html_
(http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Ira+Silverman/CDE2006/RR+Special.jpg.html)

The entire 2006 gallery can be seen at:

_http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Ira+Silverman/CDE2006/_
(http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Ira+Silverman/CDE2006/)

I've also added a gallery of pictures taken at the 2005 event, taken with a
combination of Canon Digital and Leica equipment:

_http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Ira+Silverman/CDE2005/_
(http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Ira+Silverman/CDE2005/)

And finally, an ongoing project, Napa Valley Winery Doors, all taken with
Leica M-4/35mm Summicron:

_http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Ira+Silverman/Winery+Doors/_
(http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Ira+Silverman/Winery+Doors/)

Comments, criticisms, suggestions all welcome.

Best Regards,

Ira Silverman

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Happy New Year, New Postings)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Happy New Year, New Postings)