Subject: [Leica] IMG: Kite Flier
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Jan 1 15:17:18 2007

Tina Manley showed:

> This time the first one is to set the scene.  In San Pedro la Laguna,
> Guatemala, the boys make homemade kites of crepe paper and manage to fly
> them from the rooftops in spite of many wires, antennae, rebar, and
> clotheslines.  Here is one:
> http://upload.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/72444919
>
> And this is when he noticed me taking his photo:
> http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/72445037<<<<

Hi Tina,
Both neat moments, but my preference is for #2, simply because it's such a
beautiful re-action by the boy! Not to mention the photographer's re-action
to his action! :-)

It works because it's the opposite we usually see when being caught shooting
a subject, mainly sullen or surly look. Here he's more jubilant at having a
good time and having his picture taken,

ted

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMG: Kite Flier)