Subject: [Leica] HP printing
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Tue Jan 2 12:57:20 2007

Dear LUG,

Yesterday I went to pront a picture on my standard HP 7260 (photosmart)
printer. I have down the months developed a set of settings for printing
on Ilford Galerie Classic Pearl. This combination has worked fine in the
past. I used the same (saved) settings that I had done before, but the
print came out (light) sepia. Not unattractive you might think, but not
exactly what I had in mind. It should print in greyscale only and the
file has been fully (I hope) converted from an RGB TIFF to a greyscale TIFF

I have two possible explanations:

(i) In the past few weeks I have had a couple of updates downloaded to
me by HP as part of their system upgrades.

(ii) I have bought from a supposedly reputable dealer non-standard (ie
non HP) ink cartridges.

If it is the latter then I have got to lay the problem at my own door,
but I was wondering anyone had received updates recently and suffered a
similar problem without changing from HP ink.

Peter Dzwig