Subject: [Leica] Epson 1280 and MIS black inks
From: xrogers at comcast.net (Clyde Rogers)
Date: Wed Jan 3 08:40:10 2007

I've used the 1270 with MIS UT2 cartridges, and it worked very well.
My best results were with the
quadtone rip.

I recommend cartridges over CIS systems---like mehrdad, I used a CIS
(except on an 1160)
and ended up hating it because of clogging issues.  It needed to be
used quite often (like daily)
to avoid ink sucking back through the lines, apparently letting the
head dry out and causing clogs.

This setup gives excellent black and white results with surprisingly
little effort.

Clyde Rogers