Subject: [Leica] IMG: So this is what you did on new year's eve...
From: vintagebill at verizon.net (bill harting)
Date: Wed Jan 3 13:40:30 2007

Hi Philippe,

I didn't see your New Year posting on the first time through, so I'm
grateful to George for offering his comments. My reaction is more in
parallel with yours: I love the informality, roughness, and graininess
(noise). None, or few, would be fine art prints, but in the context of
the flow, they work, and they are appropriate. The noise reminds me of
the long-gone 3M high speed slide film of the 60s, asa500 I think it
was; it encouraged one to shoot under impossible conditions and produced
amazing results with colossal grain, that yet still worked. I'll have to
try to dig out one and post it.

I think crisp clear results would have created an entirely different
picture story, but emotionless. Just my thoughts.

Happy New Year and all that.

Bill