Subject: [Leica] Re: Scannin B&W
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Thu Jan 4 07:22:30 2007

On Jan 4, 2007, at 3:15 AM, Hank wrote:

>  Here's how I create those images. I use a Leica M4 with Ilford HP5
> film developed in D-76. From the resulting negatives I print the
> photos on a VC paper using Dektol. Finally, I scan the prints to
> disk using a Canon LiDe scanner. I don't manipulate the print in
> any way.

I have an archive of about 1000 old B&W images to record on CDs. Both
the negatives and prints are available. Would I get better results if
I scanned the negatives directly with my Minolta 5400 film scanner or
scanned the prints with an Epson 600 dpi flatbed scanner? Most of the
negtives are 35mm Tri X. The prints are 5x7s and 8x10s.

Any advice would be helpful.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Re: Scannin B&W)