Subject: [Leica] Oh! For some M8s....
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Jan 4 19:50:35 2007

What we have here is the typical Leica user's disdain for anything new.  We
have IIIG's because the M3 was too big and the M5 died a quick death because
it was big and the shutter speed dial wasn't the same.  The wonderful
focusing screens of the SL and to a lessor extant the SL2 vanished because
folks just could not see the difference with the F/F2 and they were less
money.

The M8 is quiet, a rangefinder, capable of tremendous image quality, and
uses possibly the best lens line out today.  Downsides would be short
battery life, some issues with noise at higher ISO's, and a strong
sensitivity to IR which can be fixed with a filter or utilized for creative
B&W work.

You don't have to like it and you don't have to spend money on it, just
don't get hysterical and pass on rumour and innuendo.  All digital camera's
have had problems from the front focus issues on the 20D to firmware
shutdowns on the first Nikon digital SLR to the blinking green light of
death on the D70s.  I could go on but anything that people make will have
issues, take a deep breath and move on.

Enjoy the global warming, my daffodils will be blooming next week.  :)

Don
don.dory@gmail.com