Subject: [Leica] A tripod, an M8, and two candles - do some science
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sun Jan 7 11:09:04 2007

Adam,

I went back and reviewed the Noctilux data that Brian posted earlier today.
There does not appear to be a separate "R" index on the Noctilux for use in
infrared photography.  I recall being told some time ago that the separate
index was no longer needed on recent Leica lenses because the color
correction has improved to the point that IR is rendered properly when using
the normal focusing index.  If this is true, then one should be able to
focus properly using visible light, regardless of the nature of the light
source.  Maybe someone can elaborate on this.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA