Subject: [Leica] A tripod, an M8, and two candles
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Jan 7 11:15:34 2007

Coming in late to the discussion I think that you have to take into account
the lens focusing wavelengths out to 800nm.  A seriously compromised design
like the Noctilux just will not be ideal for this set of wavelengths.  The
candle out image is sharp on the lead candle and the frame in the background
is also sharp.  So, the blurring of the image in the lit candle image is
probably due to a very different focus point for the IR portion of the
image.

An interesting experiment when I get my M8 will be to do the old IR twist;
focus about one aperture setting closer. ( Move the point of focus to the
next aperture mark on the lens from the one that is the correct focus)

Don
don.dory@gmail.com