Subject: [Leica] Wireless Question
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Jan 7 18:23:31 2007

At 09:10 PM 1/7/2007, you wrote:
>One "Transmitter" can serve numerous "Receivers".
>The typical limit for devices like the Linksys is about a dozen
>computers; handling 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 is no problem at all.

But doesn't it have to be connected to something?  Just the
transmitter sitting on the desk?  It comes with a blue cable that is
supposed to connect the transmitter to a computer that has been set
up with the Linksys software.  I haven't tried just disconnecting it
but when my old laptop automatically turned itself off after several
hours, the new laptop stopped receiving the signal.  Do I have
something set up wrong?

Thanks -

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA