Subject: [Leica] A tripod, an M8, and two candles
From: rdandcb at home.netspeed.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Sun Jan 7 20:15:41 2007

yup, agreed.  My bad.  I looked it up here and got an even greater
depth of 30 cm.

http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html

I was wondering why none of the brilliant minds here had challenged
Brian's figure of 22cm.   Such a large number seems so luxurious to
me - I'm usually working with a couple of millimeters at close
distances.  :-(

:-D

So have we decided that shooting candles (rather than by candlelight)
ain't the way to get the best out of an M8 yet?

I'd really like to see some up close focus test shots.  It's so
boring doing this with film.

Regards, Rick.