Subject: [Leica] LUG cookbook
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Tue Jan 9 18:35:24 2007

I've read all of these posts and thought about it, and here is what I am
going to do.

I am going to create a new gallery-like site (separate from either the LUG
Gallery or the LUG Photography Contest). It will have, at first, a single
folder into which anyone can upload items. If it gets too big I might divide
it into folders.

I see five sorts of items that would be good:

* Recipes for making food
* Photographs of food ingredients
* Photographs of cooked food, especially those that correspond to the recipes
* Essays about food and cooking. Some of us are better writers than
photographers, but we want to participate too.
* Photographs evocative of food: people eating, or of restaurants, or of
food markets, and so forth.

If this works, then in the fullness of time someone (most likely me) will
make an actual book out of it, following Jim Shulman's excellent lead. I
think it's too early to make an actual book.

I expect it will take me about 2-3 weeks to figure out the technical and
design details of the website so that I can create it.

Brian Reid
LUG Saloon Keeper
who hasn't had his dinner yet today and is extremely hungry...

Replies: Reply from wlarsen at ocsnet.net (Bill Larsen) ([Leica] LUG cookbook)
Reply from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] LUG cookbook)
Reply from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] LUG cookbook)
Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] LUG cookbook)