Subject: [Leica] M8 Article in LFI
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jan 10 11:48:54 2007

B. D. Colen wrote:

>But if precisely the same $4800 camera - looked and felt like a film M,
nice
>bright viewfinder, solidly built, M lens mount, 10 mpg ...

If my camera gave me only 10 mpg I'd trade it in on a smaller model ;-)

There are clearly some on this list who believe that Leica users all have
"Red-dot-itis" but the reality is that much of the stuff Leica sells has
unique and useful features not offered by other makers.  If it were
profitable to make a better interchangeable-lens digital rangefinder for
less $$$$ one would have to wonder why Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Zeiss
and K-M/Sony have missed this market, and then given that this is the LUG
someone will conclude that their management is incompetent.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

http://mail2web.com/ .