Subject: [Leica] Chromogenic Films.....
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw)
Date: Fri Jan 12 14:08:43 2007

I've had consistently good experience with Ilford XP2 Super.  Been
using Ilford for the better part of 12 years.

Most often have it processed at Costco on their Fuji Frontier system,
scanned to CD.

I print off of Photoshop Elements for Mac 4.0 at home on a Canon i860
for proofs, then go to Panda Labs (clever name for a B&W lab) in
downtown Seattle for an art print if my ego thinks it's a worthy image.
  This is not expensive; I don't see very many worthy images!

I've also use Ilford HP 5 which is not chromogenic.  Somewhat better
negs but not to the extent that, as an amateur, I would ever stop using
XP 2 Super.

I've never use the Kodak C41 equivalent but most other amateurs I know
tell me they like it.

bobinseattle