Subject: [Leica] There's something about German design ...
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun Jan 14 15:04:44 2007

I loved my Miele dishwasher; dependably clean dishes, load after load,
washed in virtual silence. And then it went belly-up the day before
Christmas after only eight years. It seems the main board is shot. The main
board costs $550 to replace, plus installation - I don't do dishwashers.
Granted, a new one now costs $1300 to $1800. But at 8 years I'm at the point
where it's not unrealistic to expect other multi-buck parts will start to
fail. If I was going to stay in my house for another 8-10 years it would be
worth investing in a new one; but I'm not. So it isn't. Whirlpool/Kitchen
Aid, here I come.