Subject: [Leica] Latest from Blurb for European users...
From: nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts)
Date: Mon Jan 15 12:55:48 2007

On the issue of the LUG yearbook, I have been in correspondence with Blurb,
and one of my points was as follows:

"I would suggest that using UPS for overseas orders does you no favours
whatsoever, and will seriously cramp your export business. It is absurd to
pay more for shipping than for the book itself, and UPS are far from the
most convenient delivery agent in the UK or I think mainland Europe. The
USPS would give your overseas customers substantially better value, and thus
I am sure would give you significantly increased sales."

I have now received this response:

"You are quite correct about UPS, and we are VERY close to an alternative
solution. We're contracting with a printing plant in Europe, so we can
sidestep international shipping all together. "

So - too late for my copy, but it should mean a much more sensible option
for those of us this side of the pond in future, and that has to make any
future such efforts a fair bit easier.

And, of course, once again, many, many thanks to Jim!

Nick

Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Yahoo! Mail - quick,
easy and free. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/trueswitch2.html