Subject: [Leica] There's something about German design ...
From: raimo.m.korhonen at uusikaupunki.fi (Raimo K)
Date: Mon Jan 15 13:38:14 2007

Yeah, it was the ammo that caught fire - no consolation - the later variants
were not deployed until 1944.
In his memoirs Belton Y. Cooper who served in the 3rd Armored Division and
was in charge of retrieving destroyed and damaged tanks says that from the
nominal strength of 232 Shermans 1348 were lost in combat, a loss rate of
540%. And it is representative, I?m afraid.
All the best!
Raimo K
Personal photography homepage at:
http://www.uusikaupunki.fi/~raikorho