Subject: [Leica] IMG: Teeth
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Jan 15 15:45:36 2007

At 06:31 PM 1/15/2007, you wrote:
>Tina, a lovely, lively and beautifully lit portrait. I have an impression
>that the sharpest focus is around the front of the water
>container. Maybe slightly closer than your subject's eyes? Maybe I am just
>seeing some slight softening with the small web
>reproduction? I'd value your opinion because I am currently seeing this
>with a new 50 that I got and am unsure if it's just lack of
>practice with the limited DOF or maybe my brain's out of focus!

Right.  The focus is on the water drops. I usually focus on the closest
important subject.  If the water drops had been out of focus, it would have
bothered me.  Maybe I should have gone for greater depth of focus and I
could have with the light available.  Hindsight!!

>As an aside, dentists on your trip. Did they have Leicas? Who would have
>thunk it ;-)

Nobody's allowed to carry Leicas but me.  Just kidding.  Nobody has ever
carried anything more than a point and shoot but, I have to say that the
last couple of years, so many of the volunteers are carrying digital point
and shoots and trying to arrange people in groups to take photos that it
really interferes with what I'm trying to do. I usually breathe a sigh of
relief when the rest of the group goes off to stay in a hotel and I stay
there in the village.  I'm not very patient with people trying to arrange
and pose and saying "look at the camera and smile".  It ruins any
spontaneity I might have gotten.

I'm a curmudgeon :-(

Tina