Subject: [Leica] Scanner recommendation?
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Tue Jan 16 11:26:06 2007

The Arcus will work, but from what I see online, image quality is iffy for
35mm film. If you have to use the scsi g4, watch 'bay for an old Minolta
Scan Dual with scsi- they come up from time to time and go for around $100.
It'll be slow, but should be reliable.

Charlie Meyer <charlie@droolassicpark.com> wrote:  After 30 years of not
smelling like photo chemicals, it's time to try
my hand at B&W processing again. Not set up for prints, but can do
film.

Requests:

Other than the old standby Tri-X, what other B&W process films are
good and pushable for available light? Have a roll of T-max 3200 to
try, but have read that it's not really good at 3200. Have D-76, but
will I need to consider Accufine/Diafine?

I have in my pile of old equipment, an Agfa Arcus II and another
older, slower Mac g4 with a scsi card. Can I scan negatives with the
Arcus? If not, does anyone have a cheapish way to scan from 35mm B&W
negs?

Thanks!

Charlie Meyer
West Virginia Coordinator
Basset Rescue of Old Dominion, Inc. (BROOD)
Droolassic Park
Keyser, WV

Basset Hound Rescue: Work With Women. Pick Up Dogs.