Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG IMG: M8 my first images
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Fri Jan 19 05:37:32 2007

> Great post, Felix. I especially enjoyed the Tai Chi and also the portrait
> of the soldier statue. Maybe just another stop or so DoF
> would be even better for that one?
>
> Cheers
> Hoppy

Thanks Hoppy

The soldier was shot with the Summicron 28mm ASPH at f2 and the DOF
couldn't be bigger. I try not changing lenses very often. I have a wide
experience with digital reflex and not everyone is dirt sensitive at
same level. I have seen that the bigger the sensor the more dirt is
captured and cleaning is more frequently needed. The EOS 1Ds is the
champion of sensor dust gathering, while Canon EOS 250 (there known as
Rebel) or Nikon D200 are much less. Leica M8 is in the middle but mine
came with a lot of dirt even before the first shot. The newbies to
digital need to know that sensor dirt cleaning is a maintenance
operation  not a nightmare as someone could think. I do the cleaning
after 500 shots unless many lenses  changes have been necessary.

Felix