Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica LTM instructions
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sun Jan 21 14:14:21 2007

On Jan 19, 2007, at 9:51 AM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

> I could never find a manual for the IIIc on line, only the IIIf. They
> are the same body except the IIIf has flash sync and a self timer on
> the later bodies. For Christmas my son bought me a Hove collectors
> book,  "Instructions for the use of the Leica camera Models c, f &g"
> It's an actual duplication of the original 3 manuals done better then
> the originals. I have 4 very nice LTM lenses which I use with the
> VIOOH finder. That I have the downloaded manual for.

Your best bet is to try to obtain an early 1950's era copy of Morgan
and Lester's "Leica Manual." This hard bound book will tell you
everything you want to know about the Leica LTM series including
lenses available prior to 1950, accessories for all types of
photography, etc. Besides, it makes a very interesting read. The
later Leica Manual books concentrate on the M series cameras but
include a fairly large section on the LTM series. Due to the LTM
cameras popularity there were many paperbound instruction manuals
published, some costing as little as a dollar. Of course this was in
the days when the dollar had 100 pennies. As soon as I return to my
home computer, I can provide exact references for the books. In the
meantime check eBay and Amazon.

Incidentally a film template is not necessary for trimming LTM film.
With a little practice you can do it with an ordinary pair of
scissors or even tear the film to the right shape. The trick is to
remove any tiny stubs of perforations to prevent them from getting
caught in the gears.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Re: Leica LTM instructions)