Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Clean that M8 sensor? Hmm.... yes!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Jan 22 06:03:05 2007

Somebody  said::

>>#1 it can't hurt to turn the camera off when changing lenses.
>>#2 it might actually be true about the charge...
>>
>>Hmm...: that would be the least to do. Turning off may not be enough. Also
>>removing the battery
>>may not be a bad, idea, when there is time.
>>
>>I ruined my Canon 20D be leaving it off .. yes !... in very humid weather.
>>Some residual charges still keep running and therefore the moisture ruined
>>some contacts.
>>
>>Ever changed a CF card when the camera is off, and did you still see that
>>red light coming on?
>>Certainly not keep the camera on, when changing anything!
>>
>>Sander
>>Amsterdam
>>Holland

Gee if there's a screw-up damage possibility why wouldn't it be right up
front in the Canon 20D manual? Certainly be nice to know before one blows-up
their machine in their face.. :-(

As usual my simpleton routines are," card full out it comes in goes new one
... format... return to shooting basketball game.

Need to switch a lens? Off it comes on goes the other!... back to shooting
the basketball or whatever sport or scene it maybe.

If this is wrong then I have to be the luckiest puppy on the block using a
20D!

ted

Message from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Re: LUG Clean that M8 sensor? Hmm.... yes!)