Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Clean that M8 sensor? Hmm.... yes!
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Sun Jan 21 22:52:00 2007

>Frank wrote:
>
>#1 it can't hurt to turn the camera off when changing lenses.
>#2 it might actually be true about the charge...
>
>Hmm...: that would be the least to do. Turning off may not be
>enough. Also removing the battery
>may not be a bad, idea, when there is time.
>
>I ruined my Canon 20D be leaving it off .. yes !... in very humid
>weather. Some residual charges still keep running and therefore the
>moisture ruined some contacts.
>
>Ever changed a CF card when the camera is off, and did you still see
>that red light coming on?
>Certainly not keep the camera on, when changing anything!
>
>Sander
>Amsterdam
>Holland

I have never turned the camera off to do anything; Leica, Canon,
Nikon, Fuji or whatever. Never hurt the camera that I could tell.

Then again, my next picture might have been the prize winning picture
of all time, if I had just turned the camera off before changing
lenses or changing socks.

BTW, the camera lights come on on the Canons when inserting a card so
that it can establish communication. If the battery is out, that
sequence happens when you next insert the camera. Don't worry. Be
happy. Take pictures.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design