Subject: [Leica] Drowning in digital files
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Jan 22 06:51:12 2007

On 1/22/07, Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net> wrote:
> I'm a bit of a squirrel.  I rarely throw anything away unless forced
> to.

Kind of like me.

I am really, really, lazy when it comes to this.

I always carry two Jobo Giga One:s.

I call them #1 and #2.

When I empty a card (I too shoot in RAW), I empty the card to each
one. Each is a duplicate of the other (one copy is NO copy).

The Jobo Giga One:s are basically external 2.5" USB drives.

I then empty the card and re-use it.

Back at the ranch, I copy the files I want to work with to an external
USB drive.

I do what I do with them.

I never empty the Jobo's. When they get full (at the same time), I set
them aside and have them as my archive copies. I just buy two more of
them and start with fresh ones.

They are pretty cheap. I don't buy the ones with screens that tell you
anything else other than status. No image viewing.

That external USB drive that I copied to?

I just buy another one when it gets full too.

All things considered, disk drives are cheap, DVD's and CD's take too
long to burn and I don't trust them anyway.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from bernardofeio at yahoo.com.br (bernardo feio) ([Leica] Drowning in digital files- INDEX)