Subject: [Leica] electronics
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Tue Jan 23 19:51:45 2007

In 30 + years I have had 3 camera failures - My Nikon F Mirror smashed
itself to death when the foam bumper crumbled, can't happen with Leica Rs as
they have a geared mirror system with no sponge to fall apart.  The second
was an R3MOT that developed a temperature problem, sent in to Leica and
never failed again, the last was 2 years ago with my R4SP, which had a
mechanical problem.  No complete electrical failures, the R3 was only
partial, the R3 would work just fine if you stuck it under your coat to heat
it up again.  I am completely happy with cameras with electronics, and would
use them without thinking twice about it.

gene

-------------- Original message from Slobodan Dimitrov
<s.dimitrov@charter.net>: --------------