Subject: [Leica] M8 & a Jupiter 12
From: heninger at adobe.com (Wade Heninger)
Date: Wed Jan 24 23:33:55 2007

I've got a bevy of Russian glass sitting on my shelf that I got in a frenzy
of interest a few years back.  They've mostly sat on a shelf while I use the
Leica glass.

My inventory includes a Jupiter 8, 9, 12, an Industar 22 (collapsible),
Industar 50, and an Industar 61.

So, now that I have my M8 working and it is much easier to do some tests, I
put all but one of the lenses above on and shot a few pictures.  I'll try to
post a link with a gallery in the next few days.

The one lens I wanted to try the most I didn't - the Jupiter 12. That rear
element is so funky and I've always heard there *could* be compatibility
problems (i.e. Banging against the shutter) so I left it out of the testing.

My question then, has anyone tried a Jupiter 12 with an M8?

w a d e  h e n i n g e r
u s e r  e x p e r i e n c e
a d o b e  s y s t e m s ,  i n c

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] M8 & a Jupiter 12)