Subject: [Leica] PAWS for thought
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Thu Jan 25 06:45:27 2007

I have been on the list for quite a while. Long enough to have seen
the start of Kyle's PAW which spawned all the others on the list. The
one thing I can say unequivocally is that everyone who is doing a PAW
has improved dramatically. While the various subject choices may not
be everyone's cup of tea -- pet photos are always suspect in my book
-- the pictorial and photographic qualities have improved over time
beyond what one might have thought possible having seen the first PAW
posting. As the PAW years pile up, lighting becomes more subtle:
quietly enhancing rather than dramatic; the composition loosens up
and the tonal range deepens. More simply stated, the photographer
learns to see the world as the camera does.

So, a big thank you to Kyle for starting it all and a big
congratulations to all of you who are working their PAWs.

Who knows? Maybe someday I will join you.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] PAWS for thought)