Subject: [Leica] reloading Leica cassettes
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Sat Jan 27 13:46:33 2007

OK, now that I own enough of them to spare, I'm going
to say that the Alden 74 film reloader beats Watson
100's hands down in being able to properly deal with
Leitz cassettes.

The issue is how well each manages the cassette's
opening-closing mechanism. The Watson simply doesn't
grip the cassette positively enough to reliably close
the cassette after you've cranked on the film. The
Alden does it with no fuss, and you don't have to
adjust an internal spacer.

Also, every Alden I've seen so far is bakelite, and
seems to have hardly been used.

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html