Subject: [Leica] Adobe Lightroom Vs. Apple Aperture
From: harrison at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Mon Jan 29 17:57:26 2007

Mark,

I have never used Lightroom or what ever the Adobe program is.  I got
Aperture when I got this MacPro a few months ago and with each release
it gets better.  After I learned how it worked I really like Aperture.
It catalogs all images from the shoot, allows entering of all metadata
at download, files the photos into what ever folder I specify, allows
FAST editing of images, RAW or JPG.  The more I use it the more I like
it.  It gives conversions that to me are far better than ACR/Bridge was
giving me from my Canon files.  The colors are more accurate and are
very clean.  Before I was using iView to catalog images, ACR or Bibble
or canon's DPP to convert files, depending on the colors in the image
and which gave me the best conversion, and photoshop to tweak.

Now I do almost everything in Aperture, spot, adjust for exposure,
shadows, highlights, color, and catalog the images.  It is a great
workflow tool and it has made dealing with huge numbers of files very
easy.  I love that it non destructively adjusts jpgs as well as RAW
files and will edit them almost as well.

Oh and did I say it was screaming fast on my machine?  If not, well it
is.  I have a new MacPro with 3 gigs of ram and it humms along very nicely.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography