Subject: [Leica] A few more M8 shots
From: harrison at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Mon Jan 29 14:52:03 2007

Try this for B&W:

Using CS3 go to:  FILTER: TEXTURE: GRAIN- and set to Intensity 28:
Contrast 64: Grain type Regular

Then go to: IMAGE: ADJUSTMENTS: BLACK&WHITE

and convert to B&W.  On a full size image this works really nicely and
gives, to me, a very film like look.  If you do this to a low res image
you will need to play with the settings a little as the grain will be
way too big on a small file.

I think the "grain" under TEXTURE looks better than the "film grain"
under the ARTISTIC setting.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography