Subject: [Leica] Re: Portrait Lens
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Wed Jan 31 14:56:44 2007

Sell the Nocti...buy a 50 cron...take the family to
Europe for a week on the difference!  ;-)
Montie

Brian wrote
>>I've done a goodly number of portraits with my M8. If I had one, Summilux
50 would be the perfect portrait lens for the M8. I use my Noctilux at f/4
and it works like a dream for portraits. I wouldn't want anything longer
than 50 for my portrait work.

>>I've experimented a lot with aperture for portraits, both on the M8 and on
other cameras. Now I always shoot all portraits at f/4 because I don't want
to experiment any more and I found it to be the best compromise among all of
the factors. If you're going to shoot at f/4 you don't need a Nocti, of
course, but that's what I have.