Subject: [Leica] IMG: IR on M8
From: robert.rose at mac.com (Robert Rose)
Date: Sat Feb 3 00:47:22 2007

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rjrose/IR/L1000372-s.jpg.html

This is the first attempt at using the M8 for IR pictures.  The
camera is a natural.  There are 2 great advantages to using the M8
for iR:  you can focus with an 87 filter on the lens (impossible with
a DSLR), and reasonable shutter speeds because there is no IR cutoff
filter over the sensor.

This image was at 9 am, handheld, 1/60s, A mode.  I set the color to
B&W so that I get an idea of the final image while shooting.

Bob Rose

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] IMG: IR on M8)
Reply from mark.teampope at ntlworld.com (Mark Pope) ([Leica] IMG: IR on M8)
Reply from phamard at numericable.fr (Philippe Amard) ([Leica] IMG: IR on M8)