Subject: [Leica] Lightroom & Bridge
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sun Feb 4 05:34:47 2007

Jim:

>With all of the images that Eric loaded at one time, could he
>have just overwhelmed either his computer or the software?

I thought of that, too.  So I wiped out the library, and reloaded a mere 10
images.  Same issue.  I have 2 gig of memory and a 2.8 GHz pentium.

At the very least, the program itself should not be unresponsive.  If it
needs to process, it should be giving me some indication and not just
"program not responding."

I'll try again when Adobe releases the 1.0 trial version.  There do seem to
be some unique features.  Then again, if I can't edit the photo to
completion, then I'm also trying to figure out why I'd start with Lightroom
and then switch to Photoshop.  Using just ACR, I know I'm just getting the
raw image ready.  It's a proof, and nothing else.  Given the cool features
I've seen listed for CS3, I really want to upgrade when that comes out.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Lightroom & Bridge)