Subject: [Leica] Lightroom & Bridge
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Sun Feb 4 10:46:57 2007

I was literally on my way out the door to buy an additional gig of
RAM for my iMac G5 in order to try out Aperture.when Brian's message
popped up.  Lightroom, part from its felonious file importation
behavior, was just too slow on the iMac to suit me.

(The recent Lightroom beta version didn't disturb the file structure
on my disk, BTW, though I had a bad moment when I thought it might
have.  Maybe that was a beta feature they dropped.

 From the info on Apple's website, Aperture allows you to leave your
photos wherever you want them.

Anyone used Aperture enough to compare it to Lightroom regarding its
image processing capabilities?

I'm currently using Portfolio for file management and PSCS for image
processing, and am shooting RAW with my Pentax K10D (while I'm
waiting for the M8 to overcome its teething problems).