Subject: [Leica] Help Doug--A Reality Check
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Feb 6 05:35:53 2007

Jim, there have been several excellent suggestions on ways of making a
contribution. I feel that folks that are willing and able
will be involved. Anyone that has shared a chat with Doug or just admired
his work, knows that the cause is worthy.
I think that the idea of a LUG R8/DMR held in trust for us all is an
admirable goal. Should enough folk become involved it can
become a reality. Even better if it comes to fruition and germinates a long
awaited Doug Herr book. Make it a Blurb or Lulu project
and any profit ought to go to the author. Heck, I'll line up to buy some
copies. Or a bigger range of prints to be made available
for purchase.

Regards,
Hoppy