Subject: [Leica] a sleazy lens purchase?
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Feb 6 16:56:26 2007

Eric, I think it is some simple compensation for M8 purchasers. If you take
up the offer and pay the discounted price, then the lens
is yours. You can do whatever you like with it. I don't think that there is
any issue at all. I'd do my sums with your Leica dealer
though. I know mine provided my 50 asph at a significant discount. The
saving would obviously be the rebated full retail price
compared to what you can purchase the lens separately for (which may
possibly be less than the full retail).
I've heard from a user or two currently debating the same issue, should they
buy the dearest possible lens that they would plan to
buy at some time or go for a discount on the lens model that they most
desperately desire next.
I think that the 50 asph and the 75 asph would be awfully good on your M8,
as we have discussed in a recent thread. Or go wide with
that gorgeous new 16-18-21! Locally it costs the same as an M7, before you
buy the finder!

Cheers
Hoppy