Subject: [Leica] Paw - Week 7
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Feb 8 18:33:25 2007

Mark the technical quality certainly stands out, as you said. I like Wade's
gallery layout, too.
However, unless you have some super monitor, 16 bit won't look different to
8 bit, surely. OK very high end monitors, will show them
with smoother tones due to choosing those 8 bits from a bigger look up
table. That's not to denigrate the advantages of 16 bit for
tonal manipulation. Also of course the jpgs are 8 bit.
Or did you know all of that and I was just being too earnest and literal?

Cheers
Hoppy