Subject: [Leica] Paw - Week 7
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Feb 8 18:52:40 2007

On 2/8/07 9:33 PM, "G Hopkinson" <hoppyman@bigpond.net.au> typed:

> Mark the technical quality certainly stands out, as you said. I like Wade's
> gallery layout, too.
> However, unless you have some super monitor, 16 bit won't look different
> to 8
> bit, surely. OK very high end monitors, will show them
> with smoother tones due to choosing those 8 bits from a bigger look up
> table.
> That's not to denigrate the advantages of 16 bit for
> tonal manipulation. Also of course the jpgs are 8 bit.
> Or did you know all of that and I was just being too earnest and literal?
>
> Cheers
> Hoppy

I needed to be reminded that a jpeg could not be 16 and was not really sure
if a monitor was 16 or not. And had not heard of 16 bit websites so I
fingered I was talking in non sequiturs again as usual. Mines an apple
laptop a bit more than a year ole so the monitor is not super duper.
The first I heard and got interested in Lightroom it was because I asked now
certain a very slick and elegant gallery layout got there. On the LUG.
My interest in it is half that still. It was probably Wades.

But it seemed unusual how these images when you clicked on them they got a
little bit bigger but seem to have great depth more than most I've seen...
On my monitor.
And he just worked with the raw filter in Lightroom I guess.
No Photoshop nothing.
Very impressed.
Proably will order Lightroom before breakfast tomorrow morning.
Then another for brunch at 11.

I plead nono sequituro.

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY