Subject: [Leica] Slightly OT: To Crop Or Not
From: darkbulb at gmail.com (R S)
Date: Fri Feb 9 13:25:42 2007

I may disagree on the fine art print. To me I do place some value on how the
photographer got to the final image.

Others may of course disagree as it's a highly personal preference but
between two IDENTICAL looking photos where;
1) was taken with a dSLR and printed on printer, and
2) was taken with a rangefinder camera from 1950 and printed in a darkroom

I personally 'value' #2 more (regardless if the photographer was me or
someone else).
On the wall they will look the same but to me I will still find some
inherent values in #2 that I prefer.
May just be nostalgic and ludditesque - and I may be the only one that feels
that way.

/Rich