Subject: [Leica] Slightly OT: To Crop Or Not
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Mon Feb 12 07:45:41 2007

I wasn't very clear, apologies. I thought that your response to the
crop question went a bit off - diverging to whether the the image was
captured with a digital camera or film camera, whether it was then
printed in a light room or darkroom. None of which had anything to do
with cropping. And further have nothing to do with any of the other
qualities which bring real aesthetic value an image, namely: content,
composition, tonality, concept, light quality. Certainly the quality
of the paper, dyes, inks, silver content, also have a part to play in
the final aesthetics.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com