Subject: [Leica] Slightly OT: To Crop Or Not
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Fri Feb 9 13:51:15 2007

I don't like cropping.  I do it if I think it better conveys a relationship
in the frame.  Looking at your example the original seems strongest, the
cropped versions don't strengthen the composition or the relationship
between the windows and the bike.  A slight crop can do it though.  There
is an old saying, "If you don't know where your going any road will get you
there."  I apply this thought to cropping.  It is better to know why your
aiming your camera rather then try to figure it out later.